Well, it's that time of year again. All the little ones get dressed up and go door to door for treats. Here are some tips to help your little one have a safe and happy Halloween.
- Make sure their costume is big enough to wear over their clothes as it's usually cold on Halloween night. Bright colours are good as it helps them be seen by people on the road. Also, be sure their costume isn't too long to prevent them from tripping.
- Any Halloween accessories should be soft and flexible.
- It's better for children to wear make-up instead of a mask as it improves their vision and allows for better ventilation However, if your little one is going to wear a mask, make sure the holes for the eyes and nose are big enough.
- Little ones should wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Parents should stay close to them to make sure they walk, not run, and stay on the sidewalk.
- Children should avoid eating any treats until they have been checked by an adult.