As a parent, you feel helpless when your child is sick with a fever. A fever is the body's way of fighting off whatever is attacking the body. When your child has a fever there are five things you could do to keep it under control:
1. Take your child's temperature regularly and keep track of any changes. I prefer to use an ear thermometer because it's gives a much faster reading.
2. Give your child the recommended dosage of acetaminophen or ibuprofen to help reduce the fever.
3. Give your child plenty of fluids to keep them hydrated. Beverages with electrolytes are best.
4. Try not to put too much clothes on them, especially when they're sleeping. It's better to keep them cool and comfortable.
5. Pay attention to the way your child behaves. Sometimes even when they have a fever they still have an interest in playing and they might eat a little. When they start eating and sleeping like normal it probably means they're feeling better.